Vestibular Rehab II: 3 Hours (.3 CEUs)
Take Course $49
This course is a continuation of Vestibular Rehab Part I and builds upon the concepts introduced in Part I. This course will introduce the common vestibular conditions and the basic examination and intervention procedures involved with vestibular rehab. Special emphasis will be placed on the differential diagnosis of dizziness symptoms and on benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, the most common cause of vertigo.
Audio lecture with course
Hour 1, Pages 1-3
Hour 2, Pages 4-6
Hour 3, Page 7-9, Summary, CE Test
1. Common vestibular conditions
2. Basic examination and intervention procedures involved with vestibular rehab
3. Differential diagnosis of dizziness symptoms
4. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of vestibular system involvement
- Identify and differentiate the more common vestibular conditions, including benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Perform an appropriate patient interview focusing on the differential diagnosis of dizziness symptoms
- Examine a patient complaining of dizziness with an emphasis on the vestibular system
- Understand the concepts of vestibular rehab
- Perform appropriate intervention techniques for vestibular system dysfunction, including canalith repositioning maneuvers for BPPV
Presenter: Paul G. Vidal, DPT, MHSc, OCS, FAAOMPT
Paul specializes in manual physical therapy examination and treatment of spinal disorders and in vestibular rehab, treating patients with inner-ear related disorders (eg: benign paroxysmal positional vertigo, vestibular neuritis/labrynthitis). He earned his Herdman certificate of achievement in vestibular rehab through Emory University School of Medicine. He also treats patients who have sustained a concussion with post-concussion rehab. Paul serves as a guest lecturer to several Philadelphia area Physical Therapy programs teaching general orthopedics, manual physical therapy, vestibular rehab, and medical screening. Paul has published several peer-review articles on the topic of dizziness and often presents at state and national conferences.
Target Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants
Instructional Level: Beginner/Intermediate
*Handouts available for downloading/printing to all PTwebucation.com courses.
30 days unlimited access
Take Course $49